The May Reaction
Just want to help people keep things in perspective, in case you’re having a hard time focusing. I’m having a hard time focusing. When we say “period of right-wing reaction”, this is what we mean.
We can’t lose hope… but we also need to confront reality with honesty: we are overwhelmed, overextended, and in desperate need of reinforcements. The deterioration that started a year (?) after The Uprising is fully set in.
In this period of reaction, we need to defend what we have, while also laying the seeds for the recruits, organizations, coalitions, *and political perspectives* that can guide us through this period. This will also prepare us for the next left-wing explosion: whether that is tomorrow, next year, or in 10 years.
- May 2 — Supreme Court leak to overturn Roe v Wade (catastrophe)
- May 13–1 Million COVID deaths
- May 14 — racist massacre in Buffalo, NY
- May 17 — Lori Lightfoot 10pm curfew
- ALSO May 17 — smear/threat campaign against our friends and comrades at PCB
- May 24 — massacre in Uvalde, TX